Knit Flix

Monday, February 23, 2009

72 hours and counting

Thursday night. Stitches West.

Here's what I'm looking forward to:

  • Thursday night: Marketplace preview.
  • Friday: Marketplace. I'll also be stopping by Susanna Hansson's Lapland Hand Garments class in the afternoon to show off a new pattern that I'm working on. I had hoped to have it completed and ready to sell at the show, but that didn't happen.
  • Saturday & Sunday: Danish Skrå-trøjer with Beth Brown-Reinsel. 12 hours with one of my favorite instructors learning how to knit a remarkable Danish garment that was created at the end of the 1800's. Not much shopping these days, but that's okay with me.

Last year I bought a healthy amount of fiber and yarn, some of which I've used, much of which sits in my stash. The shopping list this year is short, but that won't stop me (or slow me down) if the past is any predictor of the future. I'm looking forward to seeing all of the vendors, and especially those that I only see once or twice a year like:

Black Water Abbey Yarns
Habu Textiles
Webs
Belisa Cashmere
Hemp for Knitting
Brooks Farm Yarn
Creatively Dyed Yarn
RedFish Dyeworks
Lisa Souza
Carolina Homespun
Tactile Fiber Arts
A Verb For Keeping Warm

Not to mention all the book sellers and the local yarn shops and the Koigu and the buttons and the spindles and the fiber and the wheels and of course my local and out of town friends and and and!

If you're coming to the Stitches West, print out this coupon for $2 off admission to the Marketplace.

And here's an extra added bonus, a map of the Marketplace.

Stitches West 2009 Marketplace Map

It's a PDF version of Erin's Excel file (RavID: EGarcia). If you think the map's useful, send her a thank you msg on Ravelry.

Tick tock!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Wow, it's like a public service post -- everything you need to survive Stitches in one convenient location. Thanks, Janice, I'm linking to you like mad from all my kntting groups!

    and I've printed my map & I'm off to color code the vendors you listed, plus Toots Le Blanc, whose natural colored fiber I like so well. See you tomorrow, squeeeeEEE!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 2/25/2009 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home