Knit Flix

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More of those crazy OI socks

It all started with this ball of yarn.


Outside In, from the beginning
"Millefiori" from Frog Creek Fibers


After last week's post, I had to search for the socks and that's when I realized that the first rev had a pointer heel & toe. Luckily I hadn't woven in the ends so I ripped out a few rnds of each and regrafted them. Done! Again!


Outside In Millefiori
Project details on Ravelry




Outside In Millefiori


Outside In Millefiori

I sent this sock to Frog Creek Fibers today. You might just see it in their booth at Sock Summit.

The second sock was knit in Crystal Palace Yarns Panda Superwash Rosemusk.


Project details on Ravelry

Teenuh wrote,
You know what I think is really neat with this version of the sock is how the stripes in the yarn are going in the opposite direction of the pattern in the sock.


Pretty neat, huh? It makes sense given the increases and decreases, but it was an unintended consequence. Similarly, the top of the cuff undulates, gently sloping up at the sides and down in front and back.

Also, you might notice that neither of these socks has eyelets down the front (or back). I used M1L & M1R increases instead of yo's. Some people have said they're interested in knitting this version, but please be aware that yo's will have more elasticity than M1 increases. The st pattern has reduced stretch because it's on a bias, so a sock without yo's will have even less stretch. Personally I prefer the fit of the sock with yo's.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Great socks & I do like this version with the yos. I wonder if this pattern can be knitted from toe-up?

    By Blogger Ann, at 6/17/2009 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home