Knit Flix

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Allay your fears

Okay, so they aren't "your fears." They're mine.

I'm referring to that nagging VK Cable Cardigan size issue.

To recap, the VK Cable Cardigan grew significantly after wet blocking. (Gee, do you think that's why the instructions said to measure the swatch after wet blocking??) I've been proceeding like there's nothing wrong, telling myself that I can't really tell what's going on until the body of the sweater is dry and I can try it on.

It's been dry for over a week.

Meanwhile, I've finished the sleeves. The collar is cast on.

Last night I faced my fears. I carefully sewed the shoulder seams and tried not to look at the sea of cables in my lap. Could I really rip it out if it didn't fit? And could I wind the entire body on a cone? It's basically 1 continuous strand of yarn due to the Russian joins.

(Thanks to Ilona for introducing me to the Russian join. Love it!)

Okay. Put the darn sweater on. Hmmm... maybe? Walk to the mirror. Open your eyes!

It's longer than the pattern, hip length instead of ending at the waist. But other than that, it's a nice, oversized, cozy cabled sweater.

Whew! I wet blocked the sleeves, and they can't dry fast enough for me. The collar should be done today or tomorrow.

I feel so much better--as long as the sleeves aren't too long or baggy. Now I have to shop for buttons.

2 Comments:

  • Bravely done! Congratulations on facing the cardigan. Sounds like you'll be wearing a new FO this week!

    Also.. cool link to the Russian Join! I'm gonna try that on my next double-sided object.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 9/29/2004 10:18 AM  

  • HOOORAYYY!!!!!!!

    By Blogger Ilona, at 9/29/2004 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home