Knit Flix

Friday, September 24, 2004

Another tough week

Only 5-1/2 hours to go, and the work week will be done. Two tough weeks in a row has taken a toll--I feel like a zombie today. If I can just make it to the end without any (or too many) screw-ups, I'll be happy.

I'm not happy with the Hallowig photo, but haven't had the time to re-snap and re-post. Maybe this weekend. At least get a shot where the darn thing is straight for goodness sakes. Better lighting would help too. Just another thing to add to the list.

Last night I looked at the remaining WIPs and decided to work on the Broadripple socks. I need to do some figurin' for the VK Cable Cardigan sleeves--do I start the cap shaping now? if not now, then when?--and my brain wasn't up to it. So, a few more rows went on the sock-os and I called it a night.

One more thing that has me down... I have a sinking feeling again about the VK Cabled Cardi. I'm trying to ignore it, and will probably finish the sweater before I decide if it's going to continue to live in its current form. Too bad my mother & sister are smaller than me--it'd make a great gift.

We're going to see Todd Rundgren tonight at the Heritage Theatre in Campbell. I'm not a big Todd fan, but we were presented with the tickets and we'll be meeting some of our friends there. It'll be an opportunity to get out and have some fun. FUN! I need to have some fun.

Hey, did I mention that we went to see Prince a little while ago? The show was great. Never saw him live before, and apparently won't again. But I enjoyed the show and realize that I missed the entire Prince revol-evolution.

But as a knitter, I was struck by the plethora of ponchos at the show. Knit ponchos, crochet ponchos, fabric ponchos, lacy ponchos, short ponchos, long ponchos, eyelash ponchos, fringed ponchos, pointy ponchos, rectangular ponchos, plain ponchos, fancy ponchos. I got my fill of ponchos in one evening--I don't think a poncho is going on my FWIP list, unless of course it's a gift for someone else. No offense intended to the poncho fans out there--and apparently there are a lot of you!

3 Comments:

  • Click your heels and say "there's no place like Friday at 5:01... there's no place like Friday at 5:01..." (Good news! Once Kevin installs our DSL, I can get back on IM again! Eeee!)

    By Blogger Ilona, at 9/24/2004 11:55 AM  

  • That is good news! I'll be looking for you online.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 9/24/2004 4:10 PM  

  • I am so totally making a poncho. As soon as I can figure out how I want it to look. I don't want no ghetto poncho - being the fashion icon I am, I'd hate to disappoint my fans. ;-)
    ~Emy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/24/2004 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home