Knit Flix

Friday, February 18, 2005

Blogging woes

It seems like Blogger has been having problems daily. These days I feel like I'm always having problems connecting to leave a comment, post, or edit my template.

Is it bad enough to move my blog? I cruised around the typepad and livejournal sites. I'm not opposed to paying, especially if I can get better service. The phrase, "you get what you pay for" keeps going through my head.

What I'll really miss is the no-brainer photo posting/hosting with Hello. Besides, I need to keep this other blog on Blogger, so it's not like I'll be off it completely.

*sigh*

I guess I'll stay put for now. Maybe the umpteenth fix that they're working on will improve things.

Oh, and what's up with Feedster? Sometimes one new post results in a feed where supposedly all 10 posts have been updated. Or is it a Bloglines problem? It's just plain ol' annoying.

On the bright side, I'm using Firefox now, and I like it a lot. It doesn't work for all the sites I frequent, but that's just fine. Anything that helps reduce my exposure to evil Spyware (is there any other kind?) is a good thing.

On the brighter side, Monday's a holiday. Yippeee!

6 Comments:

  • I'm having this problem with Bloglines - it said that you had 11 new posts, when clearly it's just one. :P

    By Blogger Emy, at 2/18/2005 1:08 PM  

  • Sigh. Obviously blogger is pms-ing or menopausal or something. And I'm too lazy to look elsewhere for a host. But yes! There is sunshine on the horizon - Monday Holiday!

    By Blogger Bess, at 2/18/2005 1:26 PM  

  • I'm really happy with Motime. You need to host your photos elsewhere, but new features are always being added and they are very receptive to comments and questions.

    Johanna
    www.jofrog16.motime.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/18/2005 6:24 PM  

  • I remember Molly said that she could move everything from Blogger to her new Typepad account.
    But I have the same feeling as yours ... hoping that Blogger will get better.

    By Blogger Agnes, at 2/18/2005 7:19 PM  

  • Yep - you can move your posts from Blogger to Typepad, and Typepad has a really easy photo-upload feature; you don't need to host them anywhere. Typepad isn't cheap, but definitely worth the money.

    Molly
    Knitting Away

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/19/2005 6:21 AM  

  • Boo, Monday not a holiday for me. Maybe I should get sick?

    By Blogger spinnity, at 2/19/2005 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home