Knit Flix

Monday, February 14, 2005

What are the chances?

Colorways. Tricky tricky colorways.

I motored through the increase section of le Clapotis. No problem.

After I got a few inches done in the straight section, I saw it. A colorway problem. Somehow, someway, 2 rows of Clapotis correspond to an even number of repeats in the colorway.

Ugh.

I don't know the term for this--Ms Spinnity, maybe you can enlighten me. There's pooling in one area and zebra striping in other areas. And of course the color changes in every other row sit right on top of each other, so ignoring the problem isn't going to make it go away.

What are the chances that the exact number of increases that I chose would be in complete synergy with the colorway?

I thought about ripping out one of the increases and continuing from there. That would have taken me back 30+ rows.

Instead, I wound the 2nd hank into a ball and attached it. I'll work 2 rows from one ball, 2 rows from the other. Hopefully that plan and the curly nature of Clapotis will make the repetitive color pattern less noticeable. Plus, the bit of yarn carried up the side might offset the pattern a little.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home