Knit Flix

Friday, March 03, 2006

Pomatomus challenge

I've been interested in knitting a pair of Pomatomus socks ever since the pattern came out. Actually, I've been interested in the pattern ever since I saw Cookie with the cuff at SnB so long ago.

Here's the challenge.


The Koigu I picked out has 176yds per hank, but the pattern calls for 194yds per sock. I asked for Cookie's advice and some options are knitting fewer repeats and/or shortening the ribbing and/or knitting toe-up. I'm a toe-up kinda knitter, so that's probably what I'll go with, assuming it doesn't tax my brainiac to much.

If all else fails, I may need to buy more sock yarn.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Heavens to Betsy, not more yarn! Anything but that! :-) Though I'm wondering how it would look with a solid toe or something like that. Hrm...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/03/2006 12:36 PM  

  • Good luck! =) And really expensive yarn like Koigu...Pomatomus will look great in that tho.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/03/2006 8:44 PM  

  • Welcome home! You could always do wristlets with the leftover Koigu or add to the stash for a Koigu Klimt scarf. I also like Cookie's idea for a solid toe.

    And I see there has been progress on 3-penny. Any recent pics or update?

    By Blogger Dusa, at 3/04/2006 7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home