Knit Flix

Sunday, March 09, 2008

FO: Cords and Cables Cardigan


Yarn: Crystal Palace Yarns Creme, Color = Vine Green, 950 gms = 2356 yds.
Crochet hooks: 4.5mm and 5.5mm
Pattern: Cords and Cables Crochet Cardigan by Maureen Mason-Jamieson


Project details on Ravelry

I saw it at Stitches West 2007 in the Shelridge Farms booth and bought the pattern as soon as Emy let me know it was available.

After a lot of angst about fit, I finally finished it yesterday. The fit issue was all about the side-to-side construction. The neckline stretched quite a bit and it was impossible to see how the sweater would fit without the collar. Thankfully the collar added stability and I think fits beautifully--I should have trusted the pattern. If anything, the sleeves might be a bit snug for a jacket but that's okay. I can wear a thin top under it. My sleeves are a tad narrower and longer than the pattern--I had to make adjustments because I couldn't achieve the pattern gauge.

The pattern calls for a button at the collar. My choice is a beauty that I purchased at Stitches West this year from Black Water Abbey Yarns.

Cords and Cables Cardigan hardware

But I wanted a closure at the waist as well. Black Water Abbey Yarns to the rescue!

Cords and Cables Cardigan hardware

And this is how you'll see me wearing it--


Same pose and everything.

P.S. Yes, it is crochet.

Labels: , , , , , ,

17 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home