Knit Flix

Thursday, July 03, 2008

2 years, 1 month, and 2 weeks later, a sock

Blogs are great aren't they? More often than not you can find out exactly how long fiber has been marinating in your stash. Yeah. Really great. lol

Actually, I am happy about knitting this yarn because it's the first yarn that I dyed, and it was dyed using a super-cool technique. Let me take you back to Dye-o-rama 2006 and a session with Nancy Roberts, the woman behind Machine Knitting To Dye For.

For more details, take a look at these two blog posts.


Before dyeing. The tan sections are waste yarn which will be removed and discarded, and the white sections are double stranded Louet Gems.


Dyeing.
Photo: Spinnity



Dyeing and spilling.
Photo: Spinnity



After dyeing.


3 pairs of socks in their just dyed form. After the spill, I dyed a provisional for my secret pal. Suspenders and a belt.




The blanks with the waste yarn removed. The pair on the left went to my secret pal, Emy.

Fast forward to last weekend when I needed a travel project for a long weekend in SoCal.

2 years, 1 month, and 2 weeks later, a sock. Almost. And I love it.


Dye-o-rama sock on the needles

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Wow - the colors are great & such a special technique!

    By Blogger Ann, at 7/03/2008 7:57 PM  

  • Very pretty!

    And yes, I sometimes regret being able to know exactly how long my projects took or when I bought that yarn that I'm just finding a use for.

    Ah well. :)

    By Blogger Abigail, at 7/04/2008 10:22 AM  

  • Oh, those are gorgeous! Such a clever way to get striped yarn.

    By Blogger Teenuh, at 7/06/2008 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home