Knit Flix

Friday, July 06, 2012

Tour de Fleece - still spinning

I've been spinning the Merino on my drop spindle using the Navajo Ply-on-the-Fly method that I learned from Michael Wade.

I'm taking a chunk of fiber, about 1/8 oz, and spinning singles. Then when I get to the end of the fiber, I butterfly the singles onto my hand and Navajo ply in sections.

Here I am ready to ply:

TdF 2012
TdF 2012

I've taken 21 39 yds of yarn off the spindle so far. It's slow going, but who's in a rush? This isn't a race or anything... oh, wait a minute.

TdF 2012
TdF 2012

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • I was doing *so* well with this technique back in March. During TdF, I have been having serious trouble with the ply-on-the-fly method. I keep breaking my singles. My cop is puny. My enthusiasm is diminishing. Might not have much to show for myself at spin-in next week.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 7/06/2012 12:32 PM  

  • Looks great. I have not try this method of spinning before.

    By Blogger Ann, at 7/06/2012 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home