Knit Flix

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ready or not, TdF

Can you believe this post isn't about food or the garden? Shocking, I know. I'm preparing for Tour de Fleece that starts on Saturday. Here are my initial goals:

  • Spin every day the cyclists ride on the tour.
  • Finish spinning the fiber currently on my drop spindles.
First up, wool on the Jorn Piel Nordic Spindle. The fiber was given to me by a friend and from the looks of it, I think it is Merino from Ashland Bay. This is spun using the Ply-on-the-Fly method. I learned PotF from Michael Wade on Day 16 of TdF 2011, so it's fitting that I continue with it for TdF 2012.

TdF 1
TdF 1

The second spindle is from KCL Woods and has Zen Top Merino-Tussah Silk-Bamboo from Lisa Souza. Both were purchased at Stitches West this year and this target yarn will be a fine 2-ply.

TdF 2
TdF 2

What are your goals for TdF 2012?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • I can't believe that it's TDF again. I have been so busy with knitting that spinning is neglected. Love the colors of TDF 1.

    By Blogger Ann, at 6/29/2012 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home