Knit Flix

Monday, January 08, 2007

A tisket, a tasket, a merino/cashmere basket

Flower basket that is.

Pattern: Flower Basket Shawl, Interweave Knits Fall 2004
Yarn: Yarn Place Gentle, Merino/Cashmere, Color 2528 Dark Chocolate


The shawl is for my SO's son's fiance to wear at her wedding reception in May.

After the swatching exercise that involved 5 different needle sizes, I decided on double stranded with needle size US 5. It's fast knitting now, but it's going to slow down considerably as the number of stitches increases. Pretty soon I'll be in the twilight zone where you knit and knit and knit and it doesn't seem to get any bigger.

Oh, and about spinning. I wouldn't say I've warmed up to it all that much. My goal is to get a spindle to spin up the rest of the fleece that I purchased, then knit a pair of twined mitts. Maybe I'll be a convert after that, maybe not. We'll see!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Ah! I didn't realize that was a swatch. That's one heck of a swatch. :)

    By Blogger Abigail, at 1/08/2007 9:09 PM  

  • Shawl looks really nice. I like your more open version better than mine in heavier yarn. Also.. I bet your yarn doesn't stink like a barnyard. Mmm, alpaca-y.

    Good luck with the fiber supply & the borrowed spindle. We can do plying from a center pull bal of singles or we can ply with a wheel, when you are ready.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 1/13/2007 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home