Knit Flix

Friday, March 30, 2007

Fame--What's your name?

(Thanks to Bowie/Lennon/Alomar for the lyrics and the reverb.)

What's her name? Cookie A!

Flashback: Mid-2005, Orchard Valley Roasting Co, Campbell, CA.
Cookie shows me the cuff of a sock that she's designing--the stitch pattern is like nothing I've seen before. She's wondering how to transition from the cuff to the heel. Thinking about it makes my brain hurt. If she figures it out, she's a sock design genius.

Cut to: September 2005.
Pomatomus is published in the Winter issue of Knitty. Around the same time Cookie offers the Katrina Rib pattern with proceeds going to Katrina relief.

Winter 2005 - Present.
The floodgates open and a Cookie treats us to Hedera, Titania's Revenge, Baudelaire, Red Herring, BFF, and Monkey. Not one to slow down, she assembles a collection for Spring/Summer 2007 and self-publishes 8 stunning new patterns, Flicker, German Stocking, Gothic Spire, Millicent, Mona, Rhiannon, Thelonius, and Twisted Flower. Oh, and let's not forget the Bambuzzled Scarf pattern, available from Blue Moon Fiber Arts at Stitches West. I wonder when they'll offer it on their web site?

Yes, she's a design genius. And thanks to Yarn Harlot's last post, everyone who's plugged into the online knitting community will be introduced to Cookie's talents.

Congratulations Cookie!

(I saw your photo of the BobaKnits T on your blog. That means you're still going to hang with us mere mortals, right? lol.)

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • Aw, thanks! I don't really know what to say. Of course I'll go to BobaKnit. Boba and knitting, my two biggest addictions! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/30/2007 12:23 PM  

  • Saw her at BobaKnit last night! It's super cool that so many of the SnB San Jose knitters have turned designer or entrepreneur in the knitting world. And we were there when they were starting out!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 3/30/2007 1:59 PM  

  • Part of me is in awe over all of the designs that you guys have managed to come up with, part is scared of all the genius that seems to lurk, and then another part says that hey, maybe if I hung out with y'all more I'd absorb some of the genius.

    Guess which one wins most of the time? :O

    By Blogger Emy, at 3/30/2007 3:17 PM  

  • We are so proud (teary smile...)

    By Blogger Cindy/Snid, at 3/30/2007 4:48 PM  

  • Hi Janice-this is Shannon from SSK podcast-ya know-the one you can't hear. I wanted to thank you for hanging in there & listening to it & also for the comment. We have been trying different things & hopefully we will get it together soon. I was looking at your Flickr site. Wow-you are one heck of a knitter!
    Thanks again.

    P.S.-its weird that song "Fame" was in my head all day-I landed tickets to see Ricky Gervais at David Bowie's Highline Festival-SPOOOKY!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 3/30/2007 8:37 PM  

  • Woo, go Cookie. :)

    By Blogger Abigail, at 3/31/2007 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home