Knit Flix

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Choices

Thank you for all your feedback on Plan D. It's nice to get input from the blog readers, especially since I haven't been able to go to SnB for weeks.

Here are some of the thoughts I had about the 3 cuffs I knit last weekend...

The 3.0mm stacking was interesting and I considered keeping it for the same reason that Spinnity mentioned, vertical stripes with a vertical stitch pattern. But when I thought about the whole sock being striped, it didn't appeal to me. Besides, the heel & foot would have been something completely different if I didn't alter the design.

Regardless, the cuff was too loose so it wasn't a viable option anyway.

Onto the 2.5mm spiral. Again, an interesting color pattern. But I didn't go for this because visually it competed with the stitch pattern for attention.

I'm happier with the SITM yarn because of the randomness of the color and as Spinnity pointed out, the aquatic colors compliment the fishiness of the stitch pattern.


Labels: ,

12 Comments:

  • Agreed...on the SITM yarn. I love the way it's looking. And after my LL's that spiraled funny and not the same on both socks, I'd say I'm over "fussy" sock yarn.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/08/2006 12:21 PM  

  • I love them in the color you chose. Really complements the pattern. I'm having a bit of second syndrom getting my pair done.

    By Blogger Bridget, at 3/08/2006 2:05 PM  

  • I agree, the SITM yarn works better with the pattern. Looks nice and you're progressing quickly. Can't wait to see when they're done.

    ~ Christina

    By Blogger Christina, at 3/08/2006 2:51 PM  

  • Absolutely gorgeous, and I'm impressed at your rapid progress...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/08/2006 5:32 PM  

  • Hmmmm....never really thought about the yardage with the Koigu n(only have two skeins). It'll REALLY suck if I run out. Guess I should be thankful for the eensy size 5 feet I have. Gotta go panic now.

    By Blogger froggiemeanie, at 3/08/2006 5:46 PM  

  • They look awesome! How do you manage to get so much knitting done?!?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/08/2006 6:21 PM  

  • OMG! That yarn looks so cool in the fishie pattern. So far they look really nice. Those socks are on my todo!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/08/2006 8:15 PM  

  • I think I'm gonna make it. I sat down today and took a good look at the remainder of the skein I have compared to the unused one for the second sock. I think the teensy feet are going to be a blessing (for once) and I'll make it. Gonna be a bit of a nail-biter for a bit but hey, what's knitting without a little suspense?

    By Blogger froggiemeanie, at 3/09/2006 1:26 PM  

  • Like everyone else, I love the colorway combined with this pattern. Unfortunately, Elann is all sold out of Seadrifter. Hope this isn't too tacky of me, but I would happily buy a couple of skeins from you if you have any left.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/10/2006 1:15 PM  

  • Celine,
    Sorry, I only bought 2 skeins and will use most of them for the Pomatomus socks.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 3/10/2006 1:30 PM  

  • They're looking awesome! You'll be done with your pair way before I am. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/10/2006 2:14 PM  

  • I think you & jeni ought to compare pomotomi -- they look different superficially & I swear jeni said something about purling through the back loop.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 3/13/2006 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home