Knit Flix

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Who could resist?

During a quick trip to Oregon yesterday, I got some tips on which LYSs to visit if I had the time. Ilona, you are such an enabler!

I came home with these.

Blue Moon Fiber Arts' Socks that Rock, lightweight
L-R: Alina, Velvet Moon, Fire on the Mountain, Moss Agate


Alina, Velvet Moon, and Fire on the Mountain came from Farmhouse Knit Shop in Beaverton. It's a cozy shop in a farm house (what else?) that has of all things, a sock room. *sigh* The STR selection was amazing, but what else would you expect from the place that the "Farmhouse" colorway was named after? I'm definitely going back on my next trip(s) to OR.

From there I headed towards the airport and stopped at Knit Purl in Downtown Portland. Their selection of STR was good, but not as extensive as the Farmhouse Knit Shop. They did carry Habu Textiles, mostly stuff in little balls and on cones. I didn't see any large hanks of linen or bamboo, but to be fair I didn't ask. I managed to find a STR colorway that had to come home with me, Moss Agate.

I need to knit faster.

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

  • Ooooh. Beautiful! Okay, now I have a good reason to take my daughter to an Irish dance competition in Portland.... Can't wait to see what you make with them.

    By Blogger Cindy/Snid, at 3/15/2006 10:10 AM  

  • I'm. So. Jealous.

    Btw, what's the yardage like for the lightweight?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/15/2006 10:16 AM  

  • *sigh* So pretty. Do they sell the lightweight in stores?

    Psst. There was a Commuknity and STR rumor going around. Did you hear anything new on that front?

    By Blogger Freecia, at 3/15/2006 10:29 AM  

  • If you start knitting faster, I'm really going to feel slow!

    Love the STR colors you got!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/15/2006 11:10 AM  

  • I love the colors you bought! So pretty. And I'm so jealous!

    By Blogger Heather, at 3/15/2006 1:10 PM  

  • I can't wait until you can come back up and we can do a proper yarn crawl!! So sorry I couldn't join you at Farmhouse. Boo, work.

    By Blogger Ilona, at 3/16/2006 8:59 AM  

  • Wow! Those are gorgeous. I wouldn't be able to resist those either (especially Fire on the Mountain). Can't wait to see what they become.

    By Blogger froggiemeanie, at 3/16/2006 3:06 PM  

  • I love Knit/Purl! They now do online sales, but not their STR, which is where I got mine.

    By Blogger Elspeth, at 3/17/2006 11:03 AM  

  • A sock room?!?! WOW.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/17/2006 11:17 AM  

  • Very kwel colors! Love that STR and the habu is nice from what I hear too!

    By Blogger soapy, at 3/17/2006 4:39 PM  

  • Too bad you didn't get to the Yarn Garden - it's wonderful. Also Northwest Wools in Multnomah is great. I have to be very careful when I go to Portland - there are just too many tempations. I love Knit-Purl. Wish I had brought some Blue Moon while I was there! Next time!

    By Blogger JulieLoves2Knit, at 3/20/2006 12:38 PM  

  • Oh, dear, you mad ema drool on my yarn...

    Nice STR!

    By Blogger sheep#100, at 3/22/2006 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home